Formed in 1982 by a dedicated and concerned group of volunteers.
In 2010 BCCP staff completed a review of our records and summarized our
In 28 years working with more than 52,000 volunteers,
from 50 organizations and schools, we have:
See Excel Historical data and charts
- planted over 45,000 native trees and shrubs,
- planted almost 25,000 native plants (wildflowers, grasses, and aquatic plants),
- removed almost 134 tonnes of garbage from the creek,
- built and installed 205 bird boxes. Several school classes monitor the occupancy
and use of the locally installed bird boxes,
- installed 2 snake hibernacula,
- removed exotic plant and tree species from 12 large sites,
- established bioengineering erosion control projects on 2 sites,
- constructed 3 wetlands in the watershed,
- constructed 500 meters of trails,
- and ongoing tree, shrub and native plant maintenance programs were established.